The Morapoi Team
Yiwarra Palya Ministries
ABOUT MORAPOI STATION COMMUNITY
Greg and Carol Stubbs and the community of Morapoi Station invite you to experience the ultimate Outback Adventure as guests of the traditional custodians of the land... The Wangkatha people.
Morapoi Station is home to some 46 permanent residents who live and work on the station or nearby Menzies. Originally a remote community, Morapoi Station Stay was developed by the Wangkatha people as a place where they can share their culture with visitors, school groups and Aboriginal people from other areas, in an effort to foster a cross cultural understanding and connection in a unique and fascinating location.
Morapoi offers a wide range of accommodation options, as well as a diverse range of activities and unique tours. We can even tailor activities/tour packages to meet your needs.
Our extensive range of facilities include:
- a fully equipped training room - dvd, sound, data projector, seating for 100
- industrial kitchen and modern dining area
- games room
- small shop
- indigenous cultural trail (indigenous elements of the camp are lead by local indigenous people)
- horse yards
- dam for canoeing
- motor bike tracks
YIWARRA PALYA MINISTRIES
Yiwarra Palya Ministries is an Indigenous Christian ministry, lead by Pastor Greg Stubbs and is based at Morapoi Station.
Our vision is to provide training, encouragement and support to indigenous Christians throughout the Western Australian Goldfields and Western Desert regions.
We do this through:
At the Gurta Ron Williams Training Centre we offer training in the following areas:
- Christianity Explained
- Discipleship Training
- Youth Leadership Training
- Camps for Children, Youth, and Families
- Community visits and support to Leonora, Mt Margaret and Warburton
- Overseas trips such as the Maku Dancers in Singapore Christmas 2005
- Support for overseas mission work